We’re New Zealand’s Innovation agency, supporting hi-tech businesses in New Zealand.
Callaghan Innovation is a mix of over 300 researchers, engineers, scientists, technologists, designers, entrepreneurs, advisors and administrators delivering self-help and on-demand services and tailored programs:
* R&D: We have more than 200 of New Zealand's leading engineers and scientists dedicated to solving tough technical problems.
* Programs: Our programs help hundreds of companies improve their ability to innovate.
* Grants: We boost business R&D through more than $140m a year in grants.
Our Research and Technical Services division employs some of New Zealand's leading R&D experts dedicated to solving tough technical problems through research and development and innovation.
We have the facilities and expertise to help businesses research, develop, test, measure, analyse and calibrate their products and services.
We build New Zealand’s capability
We have the talent, resources, knowledge and connections to drive better integration, co-ordinate networking and get value out of gaps and opportunities across the innovation system:
- Inspiring current and future innovators
- Getting today’s and tomorrow’s innovators excited about the possibilities and ambitious about growing bigger and faster.
Collaborative sectors: Bringing clusters of businesses together to solve common industry problems.
Technology networks: Connecting businesses to our networks of expertise, research, advice and funding.
International partnerships: Staying at the forefront of what’s happening offshore to maximise opportunities in developments, trends and discoveries in New Zealand.
Support for start-ups:
- Founder incubators - providing entrepreneurs with support, networks and investments to build a business.
- Technology incubators - facilitating the commercialisation of complex intellectual property sourced from research organisations.
- Accelerators - for early stage ICT and digital start-ups.